Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 30, 2007

My skinny little girl...

Gavin always wants to hold Talia and he does a pretty good job. I did have to draw the line and make him get down from the chair before he could hold her. Talia seemed to have a good time and I was able to grab a few min to make Gavin a sandwich with two hands. :)

I found this adorable outfit at Target for around $6. Isn't it cute?!

I have been waiting and waiting to put her in it. It is a 3 month outfit. But it is still too big! I guess Talia will always out grow thing in the length rather than the width. I remember when the newborn diapers would fall off of her tiny bum! She had the most adorable plumbers bum!

11 comments:

Emily said...

For girls, you can use a ribbon as a belt-- gently tied around the waist. (if it has belt loops.) My kids never fit the size printed on the inside of clothes... they were either too big or too small!

***LIZ*** said...

Yes very cute. I always love a good deal too. Aren't baby bums one of the cutest things ever? Good idea Em... ribbon belts, for a Mom of boys you sure are diversified in your knowledge.

Shanda said...

I will store that one away for future use. I haven't seen any belt loops yet on my little ones pants. But it is a great idea!

Emily said...

It's one tip I stored for the future... I am a treasure trove of ideas that I can't use because of
A. don't have girls. B. Don't have the money, or C. Don't have the time.

The Mad Planter, LLC - Lorrin Wagner said...

Wow, Alex is 7 months and has been in 9-12 month clothes since about 3 or 4 months. Granted, half of it is because I am lazy and just put him in Nick's clothes, although Nick is fitting perfectly in the 3-6 month shorts, the shirts are too short. I can't wait until they fit in everything the same! I looked at some pics of Nick today and he is wearing the exact same clothes he was at 12 months, ironically, it was a picture of him playing with the same toys he does now as well! I guess change is hard for him (same for me).

The Mad Planter, LLC - Lorrin Wagner said...

Oh, if you start using cloth you won't have the problem with clothes fitting! Everything will fit like a glove, hopefully.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

Zach was skinny, too. I used the same 3-6 month shorts on him until he was about 18 months old, cause it really didn't matter. After that I was able to feel like my time was well spent adding elastic to the pants, or taking them in. Right now Zach wears size 8-10 boys pants (age 7) and I just slit open the waistband, slip in some elastic, stitch and close it off. I have also come to make him a couple pair of homemade pajama bottoms that he loves.

Good luck!

Sarah said...

She is so adorable. I hope that I get a little lady one of these days.

Emily said...

Sarah-- Me too... ONE of these days. I am ready to do the GIRL thing.

Shanda said...

Sarah and Emily...You would both have adorable girls!!! That would be so much fun!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I will say it now, that the terrible 2's are so much more.... enlightening with girls! Zach was a sinch compared to my two Estrogen Queens!!