Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 24, 2007

To Cut or Not to Cut...that is the Question

The last time I got my hair cut was about 2 weeks before I had Talia. I got it cut pretty short but in a style that would grow out nicely because I knew it would be far too long until I had the time and or energy to get it cut. I have a gift certificate to the VEDA salon from my sweet husband. He actually intended it to be used on a prenatal massage but I was planning to go the week I went into labor so it is still unused. So I could theoretically get a really great hair cut and spend possibly nothing. I found some pictures of haircuts that I like. (I have no attachment to the people in the pictures, for example Posh Spice, only the hair)

on the other hand Long hair has its advantages. Well only one that I can think of...the ponytail. Gets hair off of your neck and out of tiny fingers. So all this brings me to my question...to cut or not to cut? I am also open to ideas on styles.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Shanda!!! You look great and your little girl is adorable. It seems like forever since the PHS days. I love blogging, you never know who you will run into. I found your blog on Liz's. You can find me at http://sjwimmer.blogspot.com/. Talk to you soon,
Sarah Wimmer (maiden name Wilson)

***LIZ*** said...

I vote for the Jenny McCarthey hair. I love it, as soon as she did it I thought it was awesome. If you have the hairstylist cut it a little longer then the picture you will still be able to put it back in a pony tail. Mine is pretty short but I can still put it back with out any clips or bobby pins because I don't have dramatic layers.

Heather said...

Well, you know me, I am the short hair queen but I have turned over a new leaf and have been growing it out for about 2 years. I plan on keeping it that way until I have the baby atleast. For you, I like it with a little length and some layers. You have great body, use that to your advantage.

Shanda said...

So I should explain...the family picture was only taken a couple of weeks ago so that is long to me. By short I mean really short. And Heather...I guess it is a matter of perspective because I think my hair is straight, straight, straight! I blow dry all the body in and if I have much length my hair doesn't do much. I do have to admit I am a fan of the 60's bouf in the back of my hair.

Emily said...

Go short Shanda, it will look adorable on you !!

stacy said...

i foun you on sarahs blog and i have to say that my hair is like jenny mccarthy and i've pretty much had it like that for 13 years so obviousle i love it. you should do it. the compliments are endless cause it's just such a fun cut. just my opinion. :)

holley family said...

i think you would look great with something pretty short where you kinda spike it up in the back... it sounds wierd but i think you are great at pulling that kinda thing off.

Anonymous said...

I have a cute pic of you with short hair. would you like me to send it??? I actually, from a hairstylist's perspective, think you pull off short and medium length hair quite well. Do something fun and don't look back!

Shanda said...

Yea Allison! I actually posted this hoping I would get your advice! You have given me some of my very best haircuts! The pic would be appreciated too!