For Gavin's 6 year old birthday I did a Batman party. I tried to create a bat cave feel. The workstation is made out of boxes of all sizes including pizza boxes which were taped together with duct tape and spray painted black. On the screens I posted "profiles" of the bad guys as if he were getting info on a suspect. The lights on the top are old water bottles filled with paint. The keyboard and buttons are made out of an egg carton and some foam stickers. I also used a real laptop computer for the treasure hunt. My brother-in-law was upstairs instant messaging clues to Gavin. Super cool to a 6 year old.
For the over all effect I hung batman colored balloons and bats from the ceiling in addition to the words on the walls ("pow!" "Ka-bam!" etc).








4 comments:
You're the best! And so is your party! Seriously, what kid wouldn't go crazy over the batcave and IM's about his mission! Great job and good luck with this year's party!
The Bat Cave rocks! Love the workstation!
The Bat Cave rocks! Love the workstation!
Such a cool party! I especially love the workstation and how the balloons hanging from the ceiling look like bats in a real cave!
Post a Comment