Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Preston...The man in my life...

After recently reconnecting with some friends from my past I was asked "who is this incredibly handsome man that you are married to?" Well it was something like that. :) So here a few things that you probably didn't know about my sweet husband Preston.Preston is in the orangy outfit sitting on his Grandmas lap

Preston was born on May 25, 1975. Is the 2nd oldest of 8 kids and the oldest boy in the family.
Preston was a thespian and as you can see by the picture played many a role including the tin man! He was also in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! I was very impressed by this tid bit of information when we were dating! Can you guess which part he played?
Among numerous other activities, Preston was a studly wrestler in high school and I am pretty sure he can still beat up his brothers. ;) He now enjoys playing soccer and loves outdoorsy activities like hunting and fishing.
Preston is also and award winning speaker. He is a member of the International Toastmasters Organization, which is an international speaking club. He participates each year in the International speech competition and has won multipul awards. I think he is amazing! He just has a way of drawing the audience in.


And he is just an all around good guy! An amazing father of 2, Bishopric counselor, always willing to do the dishes (which I tend to procrastinate) and most importantly he treats me like a queen! We will have been married 2 years on July 16th but it has been so natural that I can hardly remember my life before he was in it! I love being married to this wonderful man! He makes life such a joy!

(soon to come...a post to tell the story of our courtship!)

15 comments:

Bama Holcomb Family said...

That is an awesome tid-bit! My guess is he played the tall, rugged Adam! I watch that movie probably once a month. Never get tired of it!! Congrats to you, Shanda! And happy early anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Good guess on playing the role of Adam but that's not it...any other guesses?

Jenny said...

I would guess that Preston played Frankincense "Frank" or Gideon. Preston has a great sense of humor and loves to tease and can be a little feisty . He can always get everyone laughing. I know he's the oldest boy in his real family but he would play a great younger brother as well.

***LIZ*** said...

Shanda! I am so hapy to find out a little more about your wonderful husband. It is awesome that you seem to have found a man worthy of all your amazing talents and beauty.... good job Preston, I love that you are taking such great care of Shanda! Oh, and the last time I watched 7 brides for 7 brothers was at Shanda's house when we were, I want to say 12... so I don't remember the characters, so no guess, but I will have to watch it again now. And I am looking forward to the courtship story next...

Heather said...

Yea for you. I have met him and he is a great guy. Right there for you. He is very caring, which is hard to find in a guy.

Emily said...

Very, very cute tribute Shanda. I love the tinman picture, as I use to have a crush on the tinman when I was a little girl... and I am so SORRY to say that I have never seen 7 brides. I know, I must be one of the few. But, I will have to say that I am impressed with his toastmasters awards. I went to toastmasters a couple of times in high school.

Bama Holcomb Family said...

I have no other guess. I was thinking Benjamin, but I was hoping Adam!!

Preston, you are an awesome husband to Shanda. I can hear it in her thoughts that she expresses in the Blog. Congratulations on finding each other!!

Emily said...

Shanda--
Jilyn Jauregui contacted me the other day requesting your e-mail address.

I am emnjloria@juno.com if you would like to send it to me.

Heather said...

Shanda, I realize your most favorite sister had a baby with some problems but you could let us know you are okay and not dying in some ditch in Provo, UT. Just kidding, let us know how things are going. I am so glad Kasen recovered so quickly. He really pulled through very fast. Check my blog see what happened to Collin.

***LIZ*** said...

I miss you too Shanda! Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shanda... Happy Birthday and boy, I know I was one of the people who asked who this great man is in your life. You are so deserving of someone as good as he is to you and I just want to say thank you to Preston for taking such good care of my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

p.s. I WILL LOOK FOR THE CUTE HAIRCUT PICTURE!!!

Emily said...

Shanda, Shanda where are you?!

Shanda said...

The correct answer is...Gideon. I think he got the part because of the red hair!

Just so you all know...I haven't forgotten about you I have just been very busy and not able to get to the computer very often. I do have lots of pictures that I need to get on my blog so don't you fret!

Bama Holcomb Family said...

She's Alive! We understand the busy part, Shanda. We will just keep an eye out for the update!!