Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The blowout heard round the world!!!

You must read the comments! Preston added quite the story! I laughed and laughed when I read it and I was there when it happened. I promise you won't be sorry. :)

Here is the story...

After church last Sunday Talia was sleeping in on our bed while Preston and I were getting dinner ready. Amid the various noises we were making while preparing dinner I thought I heard Talia fill her diaper. Well we were so far away from her that I figured there was no way we would have heard it but I went to check on her anyway. She was sleeping so soundly that I thought I must have been hearing things. Well we went about our afternoon and ate dinner and I had a good conversation on the phone with my parents and then it was about time to feed Talia. When I picked her up sure enough she had filled her diaper and much much more. Because I am a bad mom and I left her sitting in it for a couple of hours it had soaked through her onesie, her dress, the blanket she was swaddled in and the blanket under her. Because she had sat in it so long this was not a task a couple of wipes could handle. So we threw her in the tub and got her all clean. This is our biggest blowout to date. I am sure we will have bigger and more traumatic blowout experiences in the future but Preston and I are proud to say we have survived so far.

So now I will open up a discussion for all those mothers, fathers, aunts and babysitters out there...What was your biggest blowout experience????


6 comments:

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Kira was notorious. That is how she earned the name "turbo squirt." I'm not sure it was her largest, but one of her most inconvenient blow-outs occured when she was less than a week old. We (her grandma Halterman) and I were preparing to take her on one of her first outings to see her great grandparents. We were just about out the door, when she let it rip--some how managing to soil her outfit, blanket, and a couple of layers of her grandma's clothes. Needless to say we were a little late for our visit!

Disco Mom said...

This is what Ed and I refer to as "breaking containment." It's a regular happening around here, though three months into the second kid I've caught on to the notion of changing the diaper more often, rather than less. Now I change it whenever I think of it, even if it's only a little wet. It could be just that little bit of wet that is taking up precious diaper space that will push the next blowout over the edge.

Anyway, my favorite containment-breaker story is the first night we were home with Hazel (our first baby.) The hospital where we had her used cloth diapers, so that was what we had been doing for several days. So we got her home and got her to bed and at her first night waking Ed got her up and changed her diaper before I fed her. It was dark, he was tired and out of it, and most importantly unfamiliar with disposables. He didn't know the picture goes in the front and he put in on her backwards, and sloppy to boot. So I'm feeding her and there's a loud squirt and in seconds she, the boppy, the chair and I are plastered with meconium. It wasn't even a break in containment because there had been no containment to break. The backwards diaper was sliding off her bottom. I was so mad the brand new boppy cover and her new nightie were already stained, I really gave Ed a hard time about it for a long time...

Shanda said...

Kari,

That story is halarious and at the same time so sad. We had a close one from a diapering by Preston. Talia was so skinny and Preston was a little timid about putting the diaper on very tight. I checked on the diaper and my daughter had the most adorable plummers butt and the diaper was fairly wet so I changed it. It wasn't more than 30 seconds later that she filled the new extreemely secure diaper (the newborn diaper tabs practically had to overlap for the diaper to stay on in the first week) to the brim! Few!

I love that you call it "breaking containment" Preston and I may have to adopt that phrase.

Shanda said...

This is Preston and I have to add an updated story here.

April 19, 2007....time 9:25 pm mission....change Talia's diaper.

Simple enough...any super dad like me can handle a mission as simple as this.

I place Talia on a changing cloth in the middle of our king size bed. After removing her cloths I get to the diaper which is just wet no big deal. After wiping Talia up she squirts this tinny amount of poop unto the changing cloth before I was able to put a new diaper under her. Not a problem I clean her up again and proceeded to wipe down the changing cloth. I then place a new diaper under her.

At that precise moment Talia explodes...I am talking old faithful style....sideways of course launching a yellowish/brown colored "substance" in my direction. I did the only thing I could do at that moment. I screamed like a little girl and hurled myself out of the way of the on coming projectile.

It was to no avail there was poop all over the new bedsheets, all over a calander laying next to the side of the bed, and all the way over to the wallbase on the wall OPPOSITE THE BED, a distance of at least 7 feet. Not to mention all over my leg. Okay at this point I am trying no to panic...Shanda calmly goes over to Talia and begins talking to her, getting her cleaned up, and more importantly putting "containment" on that tushy of hers.

Shanda's offical reaction to me was, " Why didn't you put your hand up and try and block it or something." Seriously? Block it or something.... are you crazy I did something I barely escaped with my life. Who knew babies could launch 'stuff' that far?

The rest of the evening consisted of trying to confine the breech of containment that had occurred. Super dad he been demoted to just regular dad....:( It is okay as one of Shanda's sisters often states..."Sometimes when you want to cry you just have to smile and take a picture." And a shower I would add.

Natalie Service said...

You know I love a good poop story! Thus, I am loving this post and laughing at it's additonal comments!
I better refrain from adding my own story because it would be about my 33 year old baby, Ian. Still funny, but lacks the bragging rights of being a milestone in ones life.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Preston's story is hillarious! Hallie shot about four feet once. I, like Preston, couldn't think to put my hand in the way... I let it shoot everywhere (while screaming of course). At least it makes a good story!